upgrade to RC1 : maybe it was not a good idea ?

Upgrade to RC1 : maybe it was not a good idea ?, a forum discussion on Jojo CMS. Join us for more discussions on Upgrade to RC1 : maybe it was not a good idea ? on our Installation forum.

Back to Forum Index : Back to Installation   RSS
glouk glouk

30 May 2008
Posts: 46

I just upgraded to rc1 and i can't say it is a success :(

I ran setup, and a few field types had to be modified

1. at first my password was not recognized, so i had to create an emergency user in phpMyAdmin to login.

2. then the secondary navigation did not work, so i deleted all files except my site's folder and .htaccess, plus i deleted all the plugins in mysite/plugins, and reinstalled new jojo files and ran setup

3. now the navigation works almost normally except i lost the content menu item and all that was under content is now under admin home.

4. the real problem, is that i have a problem with my media admin page : it has a "shot" field which is a database list field, listing the shot table and there is no way the list can be displayed

I tried deleting the entry in the fielddata and then run setup and reconfigure the field : it did nothing.

5. I found it : it's a bug. Seeems that the group1-categoryfield-categorytable feature is somewhat broken. Activating this feature by filling out the fields prevents the display of the table as a drop down list !
I'd say it's like there's some kind of recursivity in the system that blocks the display.

I am not sure this was totally clear... this "upgrade" took me at least 4 hours...
[EDIT]
I'll be more specific : any table with a filled group1 field won't display as a dropdown list.
It also messes up the ajax tree if you fill the category fields.

time to bed ;)
Harvey

Core Developer

Harvey

30 May 2008
Posts: 327

I'm sorry the upgrade didn't install how you / we hoped it would. Most of our users aren't using the tabledata / fielddata functionality, and so wouldn't have these issues.

One of the changes that was made between b1 and rc1 was losing the DTree system in favour of an ExtJS based tree. I haven't had any issues with my plugins, but it does sound like a bug of sorts. I'll do some testing shortly, and hopefully get you a patch or a SVN build that will get you up and running again.

Harvey.
Harvey

Core Developer

Harvey

30 May 2008
Posts: 327

Here's a basic fix for the issue - it gets the list displaying again, though it needs a couple of tweaks still which I'll do in due course.

Was this working in the beta, or has it never been working?

See attached dblist.php - this goes in plugins/jojo_core/fields/

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Attached Files

glouk glouk

30 May 2008
Posts: 46

Thank you harvey for reacting so quickly.

It works again (it did in the beta), except now the dblist field also displays as a thread, grouped by "parent" ids. I don't mind.

btw, the losing password thing had already happened to me before upgrading (updating plugins i think).

also, there is one behaviour that bugs me : when you're in a form in jojo admin, if you press enter it clears the form and you lose everything you just typed. I find this really bugging since enter is generally the short cut for submit, and i do it all the time ;)

thanks again
Back to Forum Index : Back to Installation   RSS
You must be logged in to post a reply



You need to Register or Log In before posting on these forums.